Alarms - Are they a good idea?
Between the years 2009 - 2010 the New Zealand Police recorded 60,142 acts of unlawful entry, burglary and breaking and entering.
If you don't take action to protect your property and your family like installing a security alarm you could become a statistic. The last thing anybody wants is having their business or home broken into, irreplaceable items stolen and your family or staff put at risk. A security system is a very small price to pay to protect your loved ones.
A good quality security alarm system is an effective deterrent against crime in Auckland. When an intruder or burglar activates an alarm, they take off. This helps prevent intruders taking everything they want. A highly visible, well marked alarm system can be a huge deterrent to a burglar, they are more likely to go for unsecured homes.
Security Alarm Benefits
- Greater security and safety for you and your family;
- Gives you peace of mind; and
- Helps prevent would be burglars stealing your personal possessions.
A quality alarm system in addition with well placed security lighting, good strong locks and window security latches, can significantly reduce the risk of your property being broken into. You now owe it to yourself and to your family to get your home properly secured.
Standard Alarm Systems
Most standard security systems come with:
- 2 - 4 PIR (Passive Infra Red) sensors / detectors. Some PIRs are specifically designed to only trigger on the height of a human and not your small pets movement.
- Key pad access or touch screen.
- A control box or unit. This is the electronic nerve center of the system and usually contains a back up battery, in case of a power outage.
- Audible siren or screamer. Both for inside the home (in the ceiling) and an external alarm.
Extra Security Alarm Features
A number of security alarms give you have the ability to segment zones / areas. This enables you to secure part of your home whilst in another unset area. For example you can have the alarm set in the living area while you're in your sleeping in the bedroom at night.
Perimeter alarms are ideal for properties where it is open to the elements, like car yards. They are designed to activate with body movement. This provides you with superior security in an outdoor environment that would otherwise be unsecure.
Alarm pendants are useful because they allow you to set / unset and activate the alarm remotely. Using these when entering your property via an automatic garage door makes life a lot easier.
Choose a quote that suits you from a range of security alarm installers, enter your details in the form at the top of the page now.